Postponed and Cancelled District Events
March 17 2020
Dear Laity and Clergy of the Greenwood District,
Based upon the recommendations of the CDC and other authorities, all Mississippi Conference and Greenwood District activities are being cancelled or postponed through April 30, 2020. We will continue to monitor the advice of health and government authorities. We will provide information about events after April 30th or the rescheduling of the postponed events as the crisis unfolds. We will reconsider events scheduled after April 30th as we move forward, The events that are being cancelled or postponed include:
- Lay Servant Academy - March 28, 2020 at St. John's UMC, Greenwood MS
- African American Clergy Gathering With the Bishop April 24, 2020
- Clergy Gathering March 31, 2020 at Greenwood FUMC
- District Conference for voting Equalizing Delegates on March 31,2020
- Church Security and Hospitality Conference on March 24-26, 2020
- Greenwood District District Leadership Team (DLT) - April 6, 2020
More information about ways to move forward will be coming from the Office of Communications of the Mississippi Conference. This is a unique opportunity for our small and large churches to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and find new ways to be the church in this time of crisis. If you have any questions or want to discuss a particular situation in your church, please feel free to contact us.
Above all, PRAY!
Your servant in Christ,
Rev. Steven Paul “Rusty” Keen
Greenwood District Superintendent